According to Blockchain Statistics, In 2022, the global Blockchain Technology market was valued at USD 72 billion. Between 2023 and 2032, this market is estimated to register the highest CAGR of 68%. It is expected to reach USD 12,895 billion by 2032.
- The market value of the blockchain technology market is expected to rise to US$12,895 billion in 2032. This is equivalent to an annual increase of 68%. growth, and 170 million cryptocurrency wallets (Blockchain.com as well as Coinbase clients).
- Blockchain-related technology spending is projected to surpass $19 billion in 2024. In March 2023, there were 85 million Bitcoin block explorer blockchain.com users around the world, with 336,600 Bitcoin transactions being conducted each day.
- At present, one-quarter of the world’s population has Bitcoin.
- 16% of Americans have invested in crypto.
- Financial institutions can save as much as $11.2 billion annually by making use of blockchain.
- Blockchain technology in healthcare is predicted as worth $231.0 million by 2023. It is expected to have the potential for a compound annual increase of around 63% over the next six years.
- The transfer of securities to blockchains could help save between $17 and $24 billion in global trade processing fees per year.
2023 General Blockchain Statistics
- The blockchain technology market is expected to grow at an 85.9% CAGR between 2022 and 2030.
- The market for blockchain in the world is expected to be worth $67.4 billion by 2026.
- Banks have the largest distribution of the market value for blockchain.
Here is a graph showing the highest distribution of blockchain market value by sector.
- The majority of blockchain applications are for cross-border payments and settlements.
- According to a PwC “time for trust” analysis, blockchain will enhance global GDP by $1.76 trillion by 2030.
- Blockchain-based cryptocurrencies have the potential to generate up to $1 billion in revenue for the banking industry alone.
- By 2024, global spending on blockchain solutions will exceed $19 billion.
The graph shows the global spending on blockchain solutions from 2017 to 2024.
- The bulk of consumers prefer cellular wallets over other types of blockchain wallets.
- Since March 17th, 2023, 3.937 Bitcoin transactions have occurred every second.
- By 2025, the cost of incorporating blockchain into healthcare might reach $5.61 billion.
(Sources: Statista, Markets and Markets, BIS, Ycharts, Economic Times, Binance, Deloitte.)
Business Blockchain Statistics
- According to a Deloitte survey, 86% of individuals believe Blockchain technology will help us move toward more touchless corporate processes.
- In the same poll, 91% expected to see a measurable, provable return on their blockchain investments over the next five years.
- Across industries, 60% of CIOs are on the verge of implementing blockchain into their infrastructure.
- 53% of C-level executives believe blockchain is a crucial component of corporate infrastructure.
- Blockchain will be worth $1.48 billion in the food and agriculture industries by 2026.
Here are the Top 10 Companies That Use Blockchain Technology.
|Companies||Blockchain Network Used|
|Allianz||Hyperledger Fabric, Corda|
|Andreessen Horowitz||Bitcoin, Ethereum, Solana, Flow, Celo, Near, Arweave, and others|
|A.P. Moller—Maersk||TradeLens, Hyperledger Fabric|
|BHP||MineHub, Hyperledger Fabric|
- The amount of market for industrial blockchain will grow to $85.64 billion by 2023.
(Sources: Deloitte, Forbes, BIS, Gartner, PwC, Statista, Coingecko, Finances Online.)
Blockchain Demographic Statistics
- Men are twice as susceptible to investing in cryptocurrency than women.
- 36% of users using make $100,000 or more each year.
- The gender gap in cryptocurrency is greater than the gender gap that exists in traditional assets.
- According to a CNBC survey and an Acorn survey 16% of males and 77% of females are investing in blockchain tech.
Essential Blockchain Trends and Other Statistics
- The main factor that drives adoption is the security of information sharing. Another key driver behind adoption is improved access to financial instruments.
- More than 90% of central banks around the world are looking into developing their own crypto.
- Blockchain is expected to generate over $3.1 trillion in value by 2030.
- The Internet of Things (IoT) is expected to be worth $1,463.2 billion by 2027.
- Blockchain is a great option for confirming the identity of customers as per 52% of the FSIs.
- A Deloitte study revealed an 86% of tech-savvy teams believe that offers significant benefits.
- According to a Deloitte survey that found 68% of CEOs believe that privacy and data security are the most crucial areas to improve in order to accelerate usage.
- In 2025, blockchain will be used in 55% of all healthcare applications.
- A total of 100 Chinese firms offer blockchain applications for the real-world economy.
- Blockchain technology has been utilized to move more than $270 billion of assets.
- The South Korean blockchain market started at $20.1 billion in 2016 and is projected to grow to $356.2 billion by 2023.
- The gaming industry is expected to reach $39.7 billion by 2025.
(Sources: Deloitte, Coindesk, Economic Times, Binance, Statista, PwC, Gartner.)
How Many People Own Bitcoin?
- Blockchain.com is a site for buying Bitcoin as of March 2023, around 85 million people had set up personal Bitcoin wallets. This is an increase of 102% in users over the prior year and an increase of 42 million since the year 2019.
- Coinbase is home to more than 100 million Bitcoin customers and is a well-known site to access Bitcoin. This amounts to around 193 million Bitcoin wallets.
- In March 2023, the Bitcoin reached 464.83 Gigabytes in size. In the month of February 2012, the capacity stood at 1.02 Gigabytes.
- The FBI is the owner of 1.5% of all bitcoins worldwide.
- There could be a staggering 21 million bitcoins available at any given time.
- In 2023, more than 90% of Bitcoins will be mined.
- 1 Bitcoin transaction uses 2,188 Kilowatt-hours of energy. When we compare this with VISA transactions 100,000 VISA transactions use 148.63 Kilowatt-hours of energy.
- It is predicted that the final Bitcoin can be extracted around the year 2140.
- Bitcoin was worth $27,344.60 on March 18, 2023.
- By March 20, 2023, there will be approximately 85 million Bitcoins block explorer blockchain.com wallet users worldwide.
- Over 20,000 transactions with Bitcoin occurred in a single day in March 2023.
- There are an estimated fourteen thousand and fifteen hundred Bitcoin ATMs (Automated Teller Machines) functioning worldwide.
- There are 11,386 Bitcoin ATMs in the United States.
- The US is home to 89.4% of the globe’s Bitcoin ATMs.
- Genesis Coin is the most well-known maker of Bitcoin ATMs.
- Microstrategy is one of its biggest publicly traded companies, and it also has the most Bitcoins on its books.
- Binance ($28.85 billion), HBTC ($14.44 billion), as well as Hydax Exchange ($12.19 billion), are the three biggest cryptocurrency exchanges by trading volume. Dsdaq ($11.97 billion), ZG.com ($11.5 billion) as well as Xheta Global ($11.07 billion) are all important players.
- By the year 2020, Bitcoin had 66% of the market’s valuation and was then Ether (8%) and Ripple (4%). In contrast, Litecoin had a market capitalization of 1%, and Monero had a market value of 0.5%. Furthermore, the other cryptocurrencies had a market capitalization of 7 %.
- There will be an estimated 63 million unique Blockchain.com wallets at the end of 2020. Since 2015 the number of wallets has steadily increased.
- It is said that the United States has the most ATMs for cryptocurrency, totaling 14,112 ATMs that account for 83.2% of the worldwide market. In contrast, Europe ranks second with 1,258 ATMs (7.4%) While Canada is third by having 1,246 ATMs (7.3%).
- There were 1.193 million Ethereum transactions daily in February 2021. In addition to trading digital currencies, Ethereum lets you develop smart contracts.
- Based on the Global Crypto Adoption Index, the top six countries include Ukraine, Russia, Venezuela, China, Kenya, the United States, South Africa, Nigeria, Colombia, and Vietnam.
- In the year 2020, Ukraine was able to send and receive $8.2 billion in cryptocurrency. Russia on the other hand has received and sent greater than $16.8 billion worth of cryptocurrency. The low level of public confidence in the government, business, and media is one of the factors behind the high rates of adoption of Bitcoin.
- The total amount of Bitcoin transactions at the time of February 21 2021 was 272,006. In addition, Bitcoin had approximately 330,000 transactions in December 2020, and the number of transactions was 400,000 in January 2021.